paper glass macking machines
Vikas Vidyalaya is an educational institution run by St. Joseph Province, (Kottayam) of the C M I Congregation for the holistic development of the mentally disabled persons. It was started in the year 1984 at Kottayam. Admission to the centre is open to mentally retarded people of all castes, creed and age groups. The operational area of this institution includes anywhere in India. At present our concentration is on Kottayam district in Kerala State. As an educational institution for the mentally challenged children, it tries its best to bring effective changes among them through its various programmes.
The ultimate aim of the learning process in the centre is to make a person capable of living in the community without burdening members of the family or community. The aim of the Vikas Vidyalaya is the well being of the disabled, which include:
1. Rehabilitation of the mentally disabled.
2. Creating awareness in the Society and among the Parents about their obligation towards these people.
3. Giving training to promote creative activities such as drawing, paintings, and handicrafts works.
4. Updating the skills and knowledge of the co-workers.
Objectives and Criteria of the Vikas Vidyalaya Special School for the Learning Disabled are:
1. The Centre for the learning disabled people is a day and community oriented service centre.
2. The clients to the Centre for Learning Disability will be accepted subject to the following criteria
a) Male / Female: persons of both genders will be accepted
b) From whatever age it can be seen that they have a learning disability problem.
c) Whether the persons have a mild, moderate, severe or profound disability.
d) Provided that the psychiatric illness is not the primary disability
3. Clients will receive the services of the centre for whatever length of time they require, according to their individual needs.
4. The chief objective of the centre is to prepare its clients to live an independent life as is possible within their own community.