The company was incorporated on 7th May, 1981 as Ecoplast Pvt. Ltd. The name of the Company was changed to Ecoplast Limited on 18th June, 1994, for which a fresh Certificate of Incorporation was issued by the Registrar of Companies Gujrat on 11th July, 1994.
The Company commenced its commercial operation in Sept. 1982, with a plant of annual capacity of 540 MT. The Company was initially registered as an SSI Unit. The Company expanded its capacity in 1986 to 1400 MT/year and was registered as a DGTD Unit. The two Co-extrusion lines were supplied by Paul Kiefel, GmbH, W. Germany, a well known supplier world-wide of film Co-extrusion equipment.
Over the decade, the Company has been setting standards on quality and innovating on multilayer film structures to provide the required film properties critical to pack, preserve and display a wide range of products.